Skip to main content

Botox in the brain- July 6/07

So getting needles in the head is decidedly unpleasant. Who would have thunk it? But I am not afraid of needles or minor fleeting pain. I am no sissy girly. Okay, I did cry a little and there was some begging for mercy, but other than that, super cool.

So looks like I am going to have a numb forehead for six months. Even if you scare the jeejeebee's out of me, I will not look suprised. The neuro warned me explicitly not to rub my head in the next 24 hours, or a might push the botox down and thus have an eye lid drooping for three months... not a sexy look on anyone really. And this makes me a little paranoid about sleeping... given I smoosh my head into the pillow and toss and turn erratically all night long. I just might wake up with drooping eye lids and an ear at my chin.

The neuro said we should see results in two weeks, although I should see some change by the time I go back to work. He said it works on 3 out of 4 people, although not everyone can afford it (400 bucks a treatment and even I am not sure if I will see a refund). Of those that see a result 25% will be migraine free for the three month duration, while others have varying results. So I can anticipate some sort of positive result, although I don't think so much for the hormonal migraines. Depending on the results we might have to change my pain killer, because toradol so does not do much on acue migraines and seriously not so good on the tummy.

The allergic reaction of death did not happen and so that is all good. It would rather suck to find out your allergic to botox at that point, the point of dying from it. Any other some bruising any cardiovascular side effects will likely present within the first week if I have any.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…