Skip to main content

Short term disability leave- May 25/07

The leave of absence I have been trying to avoid at work, is, well, here. Which is a really good thing considering the whole inability to sleep thing, the midnight migraines and the not so pleasant nausea I have going on. As soon as I can arrange to get the botox injections I will be set and hopefully they are covered on my plan. Just in case you are looking to get botox for other reasons, it costs 400-500 for the botox and my neuro said for cosmetic botox they tend to charge about a 100 bucks to inject it, but since he does it for medical reasons he does not charge. I still need to set up a chiro appointment and... remember to go to it. And I still need to get my hair cut... again remembering the appointment helps. And just because life is like that, I also need to make a dentist appointment asap, since I have some killer pain in one tooth. I speculate it is a cavity, but since I have never had one I can't be sure, just going on that theory due to the pain.

Now I have filled out all the paper work for this leave of ansence. My boss has filled out all her paper work. But my doctor is really slacking, of couse apparently she was off on Monday. So I will be getting the paper work tommorow when I go in for my doctor appointment, which would be three days later than I would have liked. It is possible because of this delay I might be sans a pay cheque, but thanfully there are three paydays in June, so it will not hinder me in any way.

So what have I been doing with my spare time? Well, extremely little. I have not had the energy to do any housework, which would at least make me feel awake and functioning. Leaving the house is a trial I have been avoiding, because you know it is bright out there. Since the sleeping thing has been so very erratic I tend to catch up on it in the afternoon, which is the best way to get rid of a afternoon migraine anyway. However, I find myself wide awake very late into the night, unable to sleep because of a nasty migraine, then when that is gone, nasty nausea, and so I tend to blog or update my website... anything to distract myself really. I will, of course, need to adjust this sleeping pattern, but I figure once we can dampen these migraines then those lovely sleeping pills will be in working order once again. And really when your stomach is upset it is not a good idea to drink five bottles of nice refreshing cold water, because then you will not be sleeping, just peeing. Also, if you have nausea that will just not quite, don't take Toradol, becuase that is worse, way worse. So I have been sticking with the codiene, but trying not to take it too much, lest I get into a rebound cycle.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…