Skip to main content

Never do this...

Never leave the comfort of your home when you are having horrible abdominal pain, because when the effects of that pain work their way down you will find yourself glued to some public washroom for hours. Anyway, I have been sick since 8 pm last night, maybe it was made worse by moving around, but whatever it has been extremely unpleasant, did not get any sleep and I am at the point where I think I should see a doctor, any doctor, because this is so not good (I will avoid the unpleasant details of how not good this is). Anyway I will never, ever, ever take those anti-inflammatories again.

Anyway, the whole thing last night was rather ironic. I would never have left the house feeling as I did, because I know where it generally leads. But I have had this pain in my gut for awhile, so I risked it. I left the house because my dad, who is down for business, was sick. He was all out of it sick. Since he is the only person I know under the age of 80 with more prescriptions than me, I suspected it was a case of prescriptions conflicting with OTC meds, plus a fever from the chest cold he had. Well my brother and I had no idea what to do, since my dad has had pneumonia before and really it would not be good to have him alone if it got worse. SO we talked to his girlfriend and agreed it would be best to go to the ER. At this time I was in a crap load of pain, but was trying to suck it up. We go to the ER and as everyone knows the ER at night is a horrible place to be... unless you have a paper cut or chest pains you will be there for a very long time, and will likely die while you are waiting. So we waited and waited. While we did dad was getting slowly more coherent and wanted to leave (who wants to be in the ER when you feel like crap), while I on the other hand was getting way worse and was very familiar with their of so pleasant public washroom. When dad felt certain he wanted to go, and he was looking better (maybe the fever broke), well we took him back to his hotel room. Although, I was tempted to stay where we were because I was beginning to feel dizzy and shaky, and not wanted to leave proximity to the facilities. So ironically I took someone else to the ER who started to feel better, and I did not want to see any doctor and was feeling progressively worse. But very happy to get back home, where I spent all night in pure misery, but at least not in a fricken ER waiting room. It is just a good thing that dad and I did not have the same symptoms, either way, or people would have ran out of there thinking it was a plague or something... which would have at least bumped dad up the list. I know from experience the way they decide who has priority in the ER puts people with migraines at the very bottom, as a result the last place someone with a migraine would want to be.... and so depending on whether you are bleeding, pregnant or have chest pains you are going to be somewhere near the bottom. I don't get why they don't just get people into a room and then have them wait, I certainly know dad would have been better being able to rest and I know when I have a migraine it would be way better to be laying down.

Anyway, I feel like crap and need to go yet again...
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…