Skip to main content

Nervousness = verbal vomit

The migraines lately have still been quite mild, as in not too frequent and managed by the abortive. I am quite pleased with this progress, almost seems to good to be true, but statistically I was bound to find something that worked eh?

On thing that irks me is the side effects of nervousness (jittery energy) and the shakes... because both of these cause me to start talking and not stopping. Just rambling on and on. With a thousand thoughts just whirling in my mind and quite a few of them expressed, whether people want to hear it or not. This annoys me because I am not a chatty person. You could say I am funny, because I do enjoy joking around, to make myself laugh more than anything... some people are just way too serious. Laughter is a coping skill I developed, as it works better than the sarcasm I used to have as a different sort of coping skill. But, no one would say I am chatty. No one would claim I talk about my private life to people I hardly know or to co-workers. No, people would say I am a private and generally reserved person. But between manic migraines and this jittery nervousness, I am so not seen like that anymore. I am acting contrary to my own nature, which changes people's perception of who I am. Yet inside I am still the same personality type and so I get pissed off that my brain goes all crazy as to spit out anything that occurs to it. And if I annoy myself then surely I must annoy others. Usually I can't even stop it, even when the ghost in the machine is thinking 'jeez, I should shut up right about now', I don't. And I talk super fast as well, like I can't catch my breath. It is like me on crack. Me as an extrovert, which I am so not. I don't seem to recall extroversion as a side effect, but I don't like it. I am introverted and proud of it dang it. Besides verbal vomit is horrible. I like to think before I speak, not just tumble out anything and everything. It is not a constant thing though, it is like a switch turns on and off I go.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…