Barium test... yuck

I had the barium stomach test this morning, the day of my birthday, what timing. The appointment was quick, I will say that. Now, the last time I had this test, for entirely different reasons, simply to rule out ulcers as a cause for chest pains... it was nasty.... It was a big ol glass of a thick chaulk substance, which I needed to drink twice cause it did not coat my stomach all that well and made me feel ill to my stomach, which I had not prior to going in. This time, they upgraded a bit, the barium smoothy is thinner, less of it, and has a sort of fruity flavor... still repulsive, but better. Still made me feel ill, but then my stomach is screwed anyway, so no difference there. Besides I could not take the ulcer med in the morning... lest they would see the little undisolved pill and think I had an alien implant. But when your stomach is not doing so great, filling it full of a liquid that is as close to a solid as you can get, just aint a good idea. Makes for an uncomfortable day and more pain than usual. I am very aware that of all the gastrointenstinal tests out there, it is by far the most pleasant... and quite willing to just stop at it.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...