Found a good blog... for those with FMS

I really don't talk about Fibromyalgia a lot on this blog, but that is because it is just a fluctuating mass of symptoms and shifting pain. Don't get me wrong, it is the root of all evil and when several of those symtptoms rise up at once it is pure hell. But a tolerable hell, as long as I do nothing to poke the sleeping bear. While chronic migraines, well, they stop me from doing anything, including such necessities as working. I should not forget the triggers over lap, the my sensativity to light, sound, scents are all because of the FMS, and then trigger a migraine. And sometimes I am brainless because of a migriane and sometimes fibrofog... so difficult to tell the difference really. Anyway, I generally do not talk about it at all, because it is difficult to explain, people don't get it and if I can get away with 'passing' for healthy, then it is just easier for us all. It leads to a reluctance to discuss new symptoms with doctors as well, because you think it is normal for you, will go away in time, or is a side effect. We are trained pretty early to ignore discomforts and by doctors who brush of our worries as just the 'FMS' that we ourselves do not pay attention to potentially serious symtpoms. Given my reluctance to go to the ER, which started by an ER doc saying FMS does not exist, I would say I learned that lesson so well. And so have my doctors, paying a great deal of attention to comorbid conditions while ignoring the syndrome that has been there all along. Anyway, such is life. And the moral is pay attention to any abnormal health issues and at least mention them to your doctor.... for a written record and such. Or, like me, you will have six months of shortness of breath you pass off as a side effect, only to find out you have asthma.

So I found a well developed blog on FMS and added it to my link list. It looks like the author keeps up to date with the research and news. Living with Fibromyalgia
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...