Twisted migraine dreams

I am in peak migraine mode right now, and with work being so utterly lovely, it makes for a pain filled day. So when I get home I usually crash from migraine burn out and some feeble attempt to sleep it off. However, I don't sleep it off, if I can sleep I end up with migraine induced dreams. Today, I came home just drained and instead of going to the local fair with my bf I took a two hour nap. And as usual when I dream with a migraine, the dream has to do with pain, often expressing itself in a violent dream, a choatic dream, or lately (maybe cause of my chipper mood) dreams about intense migraine symptoms. Today I dreamed my fingers were so swollen I could not move them and then I had a severe asthma attack, dying and gasping for air as a RN arrived to think I was 'over reacting'... it was unpleasant, because it expresses how horrible you can feel without getting any help for it. Yesterday night, I had some issues sleeping all together, and then had a dream that I was rubbing my temples, cause the pain was intense, but when I pressed my figers to the temple I went blind, like my vision just slowly faded right out, and then my left side of my face went numb and melted like hot wax.. freaky (migraine blindness and facial numbness freaky at the best of times, but the whole face melting thing more so).

Anyway it was a long fricken day and I needed that sleep in the worst way. I will likely spend all weekend playing catch up on the sleep because it has been a long, painful, drawn out week and if I don't manage some recouperation Monday will be a bitch. My brain just felt like it was melting at the end of the day, as the migraine lag started to kick in and I got slower and slower... staring blankly at my computer screen for seconds trying to figure how to do what I was doing or what I was doing in the first place... and since anything I do does not appease anyone lately anyway, I suppose it does not matter much if I do it in a way they don't like. I rather felt like passing out, my vision is full of black spots, but not the aura sort... more like when I move my eyes or blink my vision is blacking out a bit... not that passing out from a migraine is impossible, been there done that. I guess what the neuro said makes sense, your body just shuts down as a defensive mechanism when the pain is too much. I say skip the passing out and go straight for the coma.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...