Skip to main content

The Nausea, vision and discomfort

I cannot comprehend a person can be so nauseated for no reason. No reason I can fathom. I have been feeling absolutely ill the last few days, not as violently ill as last week, but constant. Prevents me from having any desire to eat, and when I do, well, I regret that imensely. A whole lot of tums. Anti-nausea meds. And still not much relief. Since, migraine wise, I have been all right, I have to assume I might actually be sick with some minor but insanely irritating virus. Or my digestive sysmtem is still ticked I took one anti-inflammatory, which I suppose is the more likely. Either way, sometimes the nausea gets intense. I almost felt like I would pass out last night, swooning from pure nausea.

My specs seem to be helping. In fact, they are rather stunning. Because of the design, some anti-fatige something or other, they seem to diffuse light, so that my light sensativity is greatly diminished. Everything is so very sharp and defined. Most amazing would be that is gives me depth perception, something I had not realized was all that bad, but man, you notice with these specs. Such a mild script, not even necessary, but with my eyes, so strained, they help imensely. So they help with the whole pre-migraine, posibly even helping with some triggers from the eye strain and light sensativity. But they do not help with nausea, not at least until I get used to them I suppose... so my balance is off and sometimes I turn my head and the world tilts with me.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…