Study links "aura" migraines in women to brain lesions

Lovely. When I get my MRI next month I bet the doctors will be astonished to find a black hole where my brain used to be... but maybe not, maybe just lesions, which sounds worse than it is, I think.


Scientists said there is no evidence the so-called "silent" lesions, which can be as small as a pinpoint and are common in many older people, affect mental or motor function as adults age. Still, the study of more than 4,600 men and women in Iceland is the largest prospective research to show that migraines occurring in midlife may affect the brain years later, said Lenore Launer, chief of the neuroepidemiology section of the Laboratory of Epidemiology, Demography and Biometry at the National Institute on Aging in Bethesda, Md.

"The importance of this study is it suggests that migraines are not just an episodic condition," Launer said. "It may lead to long-term changes in the brain. At this point there's no real clinical message for people with migraines."
Article

'Maye lead to long-term changes in the brain', well I can tell you that is true, when you begin to think differently, remember differenty and acti differently. My brain just ain't what it used to be.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...