Skip to main content

How pathetic am I?

Wait. Don't answer that.

A person came into my workplace today. Someone I know very well. My pharmacist assistant. She greeted me by name, as she does when i come into the pharmacy. She asked about my migraines, since a storm was rolling in. Is this odd? Not at all. How could she not remember me when i go to the pharmacy once a week for refills. Sad. So very sad. On my part, not hers. I can't remember any of my customers names a few seconds after they are out of the office. I have to laugh, in a sad kind of way, when someone asks if a particular person is my customer because usually my answer is 'No. Well, the name sounds familiar. Hmm. Maybe.'

Speaking of which I have been living up to the brainless part of the brainless blogger. Can't seem to get a sentence out right these days. Or at least it starts off fine... 'Oh, I know what you mean, just the other day I, uh, spat out pickles fuzzle, huh?' or something much like that that made little sense to me or the customer. Sometimes I get my point across and sometimes not so much. Sometimes I just trail off and speak softer so that they might just think they did not hear me because I have a soft voice rather than my brain stuttering to a incomprehensible jibber jammer. Much like when my hearing goes, or is ringing so loud I cannot much hear anything else, I pretend to have a cold so people will not think I am an idiot for miss-hearing simple things.

What can you expect with daily migraines? There is no halting the stupid once those get going. The thing is it is not just the brain that gets tired, it is the whole me. Very tired. Very confused in the morning staring at my alarm clock trying to figure out what time it is only to find out I am running late and much have unconsciously hit the snooze button for an hour. That sort of tired. Obviously time to call the neuro and try and get a grip on this slippery slope. Thing is, it has been this bad before, and before that, and before that... the only thing that is keeping me moderately upright is the pain killers, without them I would be as I was two years ago and not doing much of anything. So thumbs up to pain killers. Maybe I ride on through this on them until I find a better preventative, rather than switching preventatives, have things get worse than worse and end up not being able to work at all.
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…