Day 1: three week neuro drug treatment

So my doctor has me on a calcium channel blocker and a tranquilizer. The tranquilizer is usually used for siezures, but then what is a migraine if not overly excited neural activity? I will be on this for three weeks in order to 'reset' my brain and hopefully get me out of this migraine cycle. Fact is, I tend to get stuck in daily migraines about every two years no matter what treatment I am on, to the point I can't even tell if the new preventatives they put me on even do anything. So this is an interesting little trial for me.

Day one was interesting. I took the first dose and thought I feel a wee bit mellow but not nearly as sleepy as the doc said I would be. Then I felt a little zoned out. So I thought maybe I should take a little nap, which turned out to be a five hour nap. Which is totally fine by me, I need the sleep. I do have a migraine today, which I did little for because the sleep means I am not suffering the pain as much. The treatment is by no means making me a zombie, just mellow and sleepy, which means I should be able to do some things during my little work holiday. That was day one; sleep, watched a movie and read a bit and now will go back to sleep.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...