I've got an idea...

Yes, I got an idea.  Occasionally the brainless blogger gets bouts of thinking, but I tend to kill them with bouts of migraines.  I was thinking about work and the guilt I get for everytime I can't get into work.  So I thought why not ask management if I can work from home part of the time, and just come into the office for paper work and late appointments?  Doesn't that make more sense then calling in sick and having to cancel all my appointments?  A lot of my appontment work can be done over the phone or email, all my work on a portable lap top and then closing appointments in the office. 

I doubt they will go for it, but it really would work out so much better for me.  So I think I am going to approach the area manager about it and see what she thinks.  I want to be clear with her that I am a disabled employee and since the company says they hire and make accomadations for disabled people why have I not been treated so.  I got a demontion and snarkiness last time I returned to work.  This time they threatened me about missing days, making me work until I had a mini melt down.  This is not how you treat disabled employees.  Since my conditions are both chronic, some sort of compramises should be made, and if they let me work for home partially, then we can both get what we want.... me productive, healthier and getting my work done.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...