Negative Childhood Experiences Linked to Headaches, Migraines

Negative Childhood Experiences Linked to Headaches, Migraines

I am not so sure I like this connection or what it entails. It makes it seem like the trauma of childhood causes migraines, which means if you see the local shrink and discuss your issues you will be cured!

But in the sense that any trauma we suffer in childhood trains us how to deal with the world and it trains our brains as well.

I come from a divorced family, but I would not call that a trauma... unless over 50% of divorced couples have kids with migraines. I have also seen my fair share of unwanted sexual advances when I was younger, but while disturbing, in my case not enough to say traumatized by it.

I am a firm believer that childhood sets how we respond to stress, sets a habit that we follow into adulthood, even if the methods no longer fit. But we are as malleable as our brains and the past does not dictate future behavior.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...