New Years Resolutions

Are tricky things for sure.  I could use some postive reinforcements and some realistic goals.  The key to resolutions is that they be realistic, which is tricky.  I like to take a large goal (say losing weight) and making it smaller goals like (losing a few pounds a month, or eating regularly, or exercising on the Wii).  Makes it much more manageable.  I had a good day at work today, since I did not have a migraine At All, which gives me back a taste of confidence.  I like to think if I can manage the self-loathing and over-over-thinking such that I rationalize myself into the unreasonable, then I can cope with pain and work.  Emtional issues, however, are tricky, the moment you think you have a handle on them, they get all slippery and twist around.  So I do not want to make any extreme resolutions.  I need some optimism to balance out those bouts of insane pessimism.  So I like to think of making more than one resolution, of small things, to create a plan of action in order to survive a year, rather than just suviving day to day.  It is way too easy to get into survival mode, just getting through the hour, the day, the week such that you never accomplish anything other than what is absolutely necessary... but then again, survival mode works some days.

So lets lay out some resolutions that will cater to my overall health while I focus on my emotional stability, because either way I look at it, I will be at work full time this year, so best make a plan to ensure it is better than it was.

1) Eat regular meals a day, including a yogurt and fiber- eating regularly seems like an easy thing to do, but when you suffer from chronic pain sometimes you suffer from lack of appitite, and when you suffer with chronic migraines sometimes that means loads of nausea.  Fiber and yogurt are the only way I have found to manage my IBS-D, or the digestive issues that come with FMS.  It makes everything work just right, which is better than feeling like I have the stomach flu every couple of weeks.  This goal is easier to maintain when I am working, because of the enforced routine.

2) Take a regular vitamin D and Magnesium pills- Again both related to migraines and FMS, as necessary.  And I don't tend to add too much into the mix, with herbs and such, since it conflicts with medications.  A little at a time works well enough.

3) Continue with my Wii fitness plan, which is a little every couple of days and then add to it as it becomes routine.  A tricky thing, since if I overdo it, that FMS pain can really kick it up a notch and also, I do not exercise when I have an acute migraine (I don't want to blow a blood vessal or something).

That's all I got.  It is enough.  Got to have a solid foundation to build on after all.  Maybe as I progress and get some confidence back I will have the energy to explore possibilities.  At the very least I can take some comfort in establishing some routines.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...