Skip to main content

A very bad migraine weekend and Monday

Sometimes a migraine just goes effing out of control.  If I managed to sleep an hour straight last night I was not aware of it.  I tossed and turned.  I was too hot, too cold.  Nausea and with abdomen pain.  With an intensely sharp migraine.  Oddly enough right before I Needed to be up and I was out cold and somehow managed to bypass my alarm clock altogether.  An awesome way to wake up already late for work in severe pain with a bad case of confusion and vertigo.  I was not a 100% sure it was Monday or what time I was supposed to get up.  Just out of it.  I decided that today was simply a day that was not going to be achieved and I called in sick.  Which was a good thing because it went from bad to worse.  It is amazing how fast you can feel like you have the worst stomach flu ever and not actually be sick.  The migraine pain though was intense.  It hurt to move my head.  It hurt to breath.  And it definitely hurt to walk.  Even though every blind in the house was closed it was Way to fricken bright.  And my vision just went haywire.  With the photosensitivety sometimes comes obscured, blurred and double vision and that was the case today with the right side of my visual field.  it was like looking through a haze and every object was so doubled it was practically two distinct objects.  The invasive light making everything even more hazy.  And periodically through all that were some bright white shooting stars.

So having used a sick day I can't do the same for a couple of months, which sucks.  I must, must make a doctors appointment ASAP.  I should have today but what was the point, given I do not know what my calender looks like at work and I have to find a time to get that done either on my lunch or when I am not scheduled with a customer.  However, very important I get it done since I am completely out of sleeping pills (uber important when I can't seem to sleep) and Lyrica (which is also vital since it is one of the three preventatives to manage the migraines, somewhat, occasionally).  If I had bloody well managed to get into work then I would likely have an appointment already or at least enough meds faxed in to make it to the appointment, but my brain firmly disagreed with this plan. F U brain.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…