Got lucky and killed my status migraine

I have had this acute horrific status migraine since Friday, it was a hormonal trigger one, and those are the ones that go on strong no matter what you do.  Since I had already used a Triptan on monday, I used my 12 hour release painkiller for Tuesday.  Got me though half the day, but it was brutal after.  So today, when I got up, I used the 12 hour release one again.  It worked a little for a few hours and then not at all.  Or I should say it was decreasing the amount of pain I felt but the status migraine was at the intense as hell stage so even that painkiller could not bring the pain down enough the function at work.  So I took one of my four hour painkillers, tramacet.  And I think that was just a little too strong, since I was almost completely pain free.  My head only hurt if I tilted it a certain way or moved it too quickly, but otherwise I was feeling no pain.  usually I would say if a painkiller completely knocks out the pain then I have used too much, since the idea is to bring the pain down to a manageable level.  But it was awesome.  No pain, a bit stoned, and got loads of work done.  What amazed me is that they pain did not slowly creep back in.  I had actually killed the status migraine with a painkiller.  Wow.  And it was a good things too, if that status had persisted any longer I would have felt desperate enough to go to the ER and then I would have felt frustrated and depressed when they did not help me.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...