Acute migraines just won't quit lately

Once a month I usually go into a status migraine.  Pretty predictable since those are caused by my fluctuating hormones.  However since I took my work trip I have had daily acute migraines.  Not one long lasting migraine thankfully, but rather consistently getting an acute migraine right around 3-5 pm.  I maxed out my triptans last week and this week, which means I am left with using pain killers.  Unfortunately, these are very severe migraines.  The sort that radiates into your jaw, down your neck and into your teeth.  Painkillers are not doing the trick and it would be counter productive to take more of them, as in, just like a triptan there is always the risk of getting a rebound headache.  There are many, many constant triggers that could be contribiting to this extra intensity, but honestly I have no idea what the trigger is.  Maybe quantum entanglement?  This sort of situation sucks because there is little that can be done about it really.  It is what it is.  I figure I am going to have to go triptan and painkiller free tommorow so that if this continues Monday I will be able to treat it more effectively.  So far the triptans have been moderately effective.  The migraine comes on strong and the sharp pain that signifies the beginning of these nasty buggers is extremely intense.  I take my triptan right away and the pain is either diminished significantly for most of the day or completely gone for a few hours before it comes back... both of which are fine, because it gets me through work.  But if I over use the triptan it will be less effective, as well as increasing the nasty side effects.  I would rather them work a little bit to get me through the rest of the work day than not at all and get stuck in a status migraine.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...