Skip to main content

October Blog Carnival



Scary Migraine Episodes: What is the scariest migraine attack you've ever suffered or witnessed?"
Well, I've suffered a few sacry ones worth mentioning, for different reasons. Some might think it was the migraine that drove me to suicide, but no, that status migraine was just as bad as every other one I get in a month.  The ones I think are the scariest are the ones that are out of the ordinary, such that I think something must be wrong.

1) Silient migraine: Oddly enough one of my scariest migraines was a silient migraine and that is what scared me.  I had intense aura symptoms, including tingles on the left side of my body and some numbness.  I thought it was possible I was having a stroke.  So that was freaky.

2) Chest pains: I've had some migraines that come with chest pains, mostly due to the triptan use.  Once though it started with chest pains that were severe, left me feeling dizzy when they stopped and gave me a killer migraine.  I was told it was angina pain, but man, that is not a migraine symptom I would like to feel again.  It felt just like a heartattack.

3) 10 on a scale of 10- I had a migraine that I consider to this day to be the 10 by which I rate other migraines against.  It was one of those migraines I call a monster migraine.  Starts real fast, speficially located pain, and a sharp elextrical pain in the head... that is severely aggravated by movement, such that when you move even a little, you have increase the pain.  The very first one of these I even had it laid me out flat.  I was on the couch and could not move my head let alone get up... which I desperately wanted to do so I could wake up my boyfriend and have hime drive me to the ER.  I lay there for hours, could not sleep, could not move just crippled by the pain.  By the time dawn arrived I was going nuts with it, then it moved on to extreme nausea and abdoninal cramps.  I made my way to the bathroom, causing again more migraine pain and just got sick over and over again.  Eventually I staggered to bed, and almost passed out.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…