Skip to main content

Weird symptoms... how I loath them

So after my wicked Thursday/Friday migraine of which I remember little of... I have this persistent numbness in my right hand, or specifically three fingers and half my palm.  Like it fell asleep and won't wake up, but not completely numb.  Since it did not go away with the migraine it is hard to blame the migraine for it, although we do sometimes get numbness and tingling in the hands, feet or face.  I used to get that bad as a side effect from Topamax.  Anyway it is a concern.  Could be a pinched nerve... all that pain does a number on my neck, which then migrates to my shoulders and down my arm.  That can get serious enough to restrict mobility, as I can attest to after having six months of physio therapy to correct that compounding problem a few years back.  What concerns me is that it could be a symptom of a TIA.  I always said I'd be the last person to know if I had a stroke, because all those symptoms are what you tend to get with a migraine, especially the wicked ones.  I did not notice any difference myself in that migraine, except maybe it's intensity.  But since I was sick on Friday it's not like I can ask anyone else if I was speaking or walking funny.  I did have some balance issues, walking into walls and such, but that is not out of the ordinary.  I had an intense warping aura but that is also quite common.  My vision was obscured, on the left side, that day but that went away.

I have to make a doctors appointment for medication refills anyway so I can obviously mention this.  But if it was a TIA I am thinking I ought to go to a walk in clinic and just check things out... but I hate the walk in clinic, not as much as the ER, but close.  So, you know how it is, I don't want to make a fuss about something that might just go away of its own accord.

Some migraine symptoms like this can be frightening, I think in this case, it is just the persistence that worries me.  But I have had some wicked silent migraines with the whole right side of the body numbness that freaked me out big time in the past.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

Getting through the high intensity pain flares #Blogboost

The crowded me out of the brain. Making no room for anything else. Distraction was impossible. You feel almost frantic with the pain but must be still.

What do you do? To get through it when you have no distraction?

I ask me this as I am really in the depths of a 9 level frantic level of pain right now. Hoping maybe some writing will be a distraction, but it isn't. As I said, the pain crowds the brain. I have to focus real hard to write and my head isn't clear. Too much pain to focus well. Things become quite difficult to do. 

I will say this: We cannot function. We have to just cope with the pain.

But we are Immersed in the pain, we what do we do?
We can and should rest and get through it the best we can. Here are some of the things I do to get through it.

Relaxation breathing: I can't meditate when in high levels of pain. It just makes me think about how much pain I am in. Just not a good idea. But I do do relaxation breathing. I close my eyes. I focus on my breathing. I even…