Skip to main content

'Vacation' time

I decided on rather short notice to take next week off for my 'holiday', which I don't think impressed my boss but is perfect timing.  One of my co-workers is going to be on course soon so better to take time off before rather than during.  I had little projects on the go, so less work to leave for others to do.  It is not busy yet but will be soon so better than waiting.  And, of course, I have a neuro appointment next week where no doubt I will be switching medications and having a little time to adjust to them is always a good idea.

Most of all I have been having some real issues fuctioning and taking a bit of a break is a good idea.  Last week was a long status migraine hell.  I woke with a brutal migraine today and since it woke me up with full blown migraine fury it was difficult to treat.  Just one of those days where I got up, migrated to the couch and didn't move from it all day.  Now had it been a work day it would have been a trial to get to work, not just because I woke with an acute migraine but because morning migraines are always intense on the neurological symptoms and today was no different.  My vision is just plain warpy today... everything shifting, flashing and moving.  So distorted there was no way in hell I was getting anything done or doing anything as stupid as getting behind the wheel of a vehicle.  A lot easier to do nothing on a day off though... and guilt free as well.  I know that with the neurological symptoms being as intense as they are lately, and this status migraine lasting longer than it ought to, that had I not chosen to take a 'vacation' next week would have been very difficult to manage.  I hate taking holidays early in the year because then there is less to take later, but I did spread the rest out quite a bit because sometimes just knowing I have an extended long weekend coming up helps me get through the week.

The last few months have been brutal and I feel a great deal of relief knowing I can just rest next week... just not do a damn thing.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…