central sensitization.

The leading theory as to the 'why' of Fibromyalgia is central sensitization.  We have a low threshold physically to pain (not mentally) because the brain has increased sensitivity to pain signals.

Researchers believe repeated nerve stimulation causes the brains of people with fibromyalgia to change. This change involves an abnormal increase in levels of certain chemicals in the brain that signal pain (neurotransmitters). In addition, the brain's pain receptors seem to develop a sort of memory of the pain and become more sensitive, meaning they can overreact to pain signals.Mayoclinic.com
And then I see a blog post Somebodyhealme.com about studies looking into why eposodic migraines become chronic.  And what do I see on the list: central sensitization.  I've been reading a few articles linking these two conditions actually, just the way they are structured making it a factor into why migraines can be hard to treat with FMS, due to the lack of sleep as well because of the central sensitization.  But I look forward to hearding more about this this.  Also... will be a good blog serious because isn't that the question we ask ourselves all the time?  Why the hell are these things chronic?  Why did they go from whatever a month to 15 or more?  For me it wasn't a huge leap.  I got about ten a month and then it went up, but it wasn't for the other reasons listed (except maybe caffiene, although I gave that up for a year once and it literally made no difference, so who knows?)
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...