Skip to main content

Definately doctor time... nocturnal seizures again



Sorry I missed a few blogging days for the blog-a-thon.  Been in status migraine mode so... a bit brainless at the moment. 

Last night I had another one of those nocturnal seizures.  So I think that has been about four episodes now.  Only one really bad one.  But all with three similar characteristics and that bothers me... that they are all the same format.  All the same time of night as well.  Maybe I am getting more and am not aware of it.  I don't know.  But this is what I do know...

a) It begins with a strong tingling at the base of my head and the spreads up over my head to my forehead and gets more intense.  And I know instantly it is going to happen.  I remain conscious each time.

b) Every time my eyelids flutter rapidly.  Sometimes I get a migraine like aura.  The one time that was the longest episode occurred with a bright aura.

c) Every time either my toes and/or my fingers spasm... they sort of rhythmically twitch open and closed.  This last time was just my toes, but usually it is both, maybe it is just this last time I didn't notice because my hands were under me.

d) Every time I try to call out to my boyfriend by I can't speak... I can make a noise but can't form words.

When it lasts longer it affects my heart rate and then my breathing gets weird.  But none of the episodes last very long at all.  Some just seconds.

So I don't know what the hell it is but I do know that more than once is something I need to be concerned about and can't just ignore even if that is what I like to do.  So I need to make a doctors appointment right away.  I just don't know if he is going to believe me.  I mean it is weird that this is suddenly occurring.  Especially since I'm on anti-seizure meds.  Maybe it is a medication thing.  I sure the hell can't figure this one out.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…