Skip to main content

Migraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge #27: "In My Head and Heart"


Talk about who inspires you to keep trying and not give up, despite your Migraines.
There isn't just one.  There were three but then my brother move out and now there are two. 

My brother: When my brother was living with me and my spouse it was great.  He did not inspire me to not give up.  It was more like he wouldn't let me get into a migraine funk mood.  Me and him would sibling bicker... which is just fake bicker back and forth and joke around and be insanely silly.  And it would lighten my heart even on a bad day.  I think only a brother like that has that power.  I really missed that when he moved out.  But I'll tell you it really did help me out, and in ways he would be oblivious to.  Laughter is the best medicine after all.

My Mom:  My mom is there for me no matter what.  She is there for me to drive me to neuro appointments and ask me how they went.  She is there for me to pick me up when I fall down and then take me on a trip to get me back on my feet again.  She is there for me to remind me to take my vitamins and help me figure out which ones I should be taking.  And looking at things that might help me out.  And encouraging me to try new treatments. And suggesting ways to figure out how I can fix my work situation and alternatives.  She is a mom and she is an awesome mom.

Martin: My man.  He makes things easy for me would be the way to put it. He doesn't care if I work or I don't work... financially obviously I do, but any solution would work for him, as long as it works for me.  Money doesn't matter to him.  He does things to for me so that I don't have to do them because he knows I am in pain.  Simple things around the house that I know I need to get to but just can't and then he just does them without me saying anything.  He does all the grocery shopping and the cooking already.  So he does more than his fair share.  He could resent that.  He could make things very hard for me.  But he doesn't.  He makes it very easy.  And if I had to make hard choices with work, he would be fine with it.  Him being fine with that and be my steady rock makes me feel safe and comforted.


National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…