Skip to main content

Some migraine art and finding a outlet

I have said it before and I will say it again, I love migraine art. It is so intense and because of that you can feel the pain in the image. Obviously I can relate to it, so I like it, but also I think it perhaps brings awareness to others how much we suffer. Not that I don't think people cannot comprehend just that these sorts of things help. I also like migraine poetry for the same reason. Both of them are excellent mediums. Ones I cannot utilize for certain. I have often mentioned that we need an outlet for our more intense emotions. A way to work them out of our system in a healthy manner. It goes along with one of the most important coping mechanisms: Distraction: hobbies and things we do to activily distract ourselves from pain. And this would be number two: outlet: things we do to work through the emotional toll of chronic pain. Creative arts are excellent outlets. I write a great deal. But my novel writing is not an outlet, it is a hobby so it would be under the distract category. My non-fiction is about FM and migraines most of the time but often not on an emotional level so it does not work through the emotions, it just breaks down the experience in a rational way, which is actually a way I like to cope with things... I like to break them down and understand them. I actually think for me blogging is more of an outlet than anything. I can be real here. I can say real things without worrying that I am worrying others. I can be real and know people will understand what I am going through. I can work through my emotions, get them out, feel them, understand them and it makes me feel better. However you do it, even a personal diary, a little venting and ranting and then analyzing is good. We need to get all that out so we can carry on and it doesn't weight us down like lead. That being said, check out this awesome migraine art! I found it on a Facebook group where they just looked through google images so no idea about artists but I'm sure 3 and 4 are featured in Migraine Expressions... the book I wrote an essay in and can be seen on my left sidebar there (lots of awesome art and poetry in there).






3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…