Skip to main content

The Hermit is venturing into the wilderness.

Where I will find a cave, make it a home and rant about random crazy things like hermits do.... no, wait, thats not it... what was it now?

Oh yeah,

I'm going Camping! Now keep in mind I WANT to go camping even though I know it will be painful. However, I have tried to make it as painless as possible and this is my first trial run to see how it goes. If it goes well, then more camping, if not then I may have to tweak it. It just to see how much pain we are talking about here. Just moderate pain that I can handle or more than that which would compramise all the funness of it?

1) first thing I did is add one of those foam things you add to your bed to add to our blow up mattress. I learned the just the blow up mattress, which feels fine when you lay one it will actually cause every tender point in your fibro body to ignite on fire. And you will not want to move... ever. So the foamy thing is to prevent that. It might work.

2) got my specs and my hat and sunblock to help block the evil, evil light.

3) got all my meds, and a good amount of pain meds just in case.

4) we are camping in a groun with all the amenities and not in the boonies... and this is a big deal if you have fibro with IBS-D and migraines that can flare up IBS-D and/or severe nausea.

5) and all my electronics and a couple books to keep this raging insomniac entertained.

It is only for three days.  So a good trial run for me.  And it should be fun.  We are visiting with family as well. 
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…