Skip to main content

Mini Vacation

I'm on a mini vacation with my mom to visit family. It was a great idea and has taken my mind off my pending neuro appointment and pending review of short term leave. A good distraction and if I do return to work a good time to take a trip.. trips are easier when you can recover from them with no worries. Anyway it has been awesome.

Timing was a wee bit off though since I am right in the bad migraine spot. So on the drive up I ensured I was careful on treating my migraines.. I was not driving of course. My mom was, which was a long drive even though we broke it up into two days. Anyway, into a migraine storm as it were as well. Driving means motion and driving through mountains I suppose even more interesting... so aura wise it has been spectacularly intense. I noticed some swaying vertigo. As in when we stopped to eat I would still feel motion and would sway forward or to the side, and that has been off and on for days now. Or spinning sensations. Then in the center of my visual field I had a very intense flashing pulsing light that expanded for a good hour. And since that day the visual snow has been extremely bad. It can be with these status migraines anyway. And it might be that I simply am noticing it more. At my grandmothers where we are staying I do not smoke inside... so I go outside and at night I sit out there and stare at the sky...and all I see is this insane static. Everything is difficult to see and the motion of it is likely what is making me so dizzy and triggering that vertigo sensation. I look at the siding and that static over it warps it so bad my brain does not like the motion and I can get that swaying sensation or my visual field will tilt or my vision darkens. I know it is always worse at night which is why I never drive at night. But where I live there are more lights... which actually make it worse in some ways, but make the VS less obvious in others. But here it has been severe. Even inside with soft light it is bad,but then that is like home. So maybe it always is this bad when I have a status migraine. If so.. I worry about commuting to work in the winter. My vision is very compramised. But, I do wonder if the vertigo is directly linked to the visual snow. I mean it seems when the visual snow is worse at night I get more vertigo sensations... because it literally looks like there is a field of static over everything making everything look warpy and shifty and distorted.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…