Skip to main content

What a pain in the...

I left the house today to get my hair cut and go to the pharmacy. I seriously needed a haircut. And i chose to go to a friend who has a salon in her house. I figured I have not socialized in.... honestly too long to actually remember. I have not seen her in I figure a year since she was not aware of events that happened a year ago... that is how I tell time, by events I know somewhat the timeline on (my brother recently got engaged to his girlfriend who he has been with I'm told a year, ergo since she was not aware of this, it has been more than a year). I have no other perception of time passing. I thought I had seen her fairly recently. So I thought why not go see her for my haircut since I really like her as a person and I can chat with her and help her business at the same time. It was cool. We chatted for a few hours after. I had a real good time. Bonus over and above that... her salon in her house does not Smell like a Salon usually does, so that did not give me a migraine.

So I had not woken up with a migraine. It was a nice cool cloudy day out. I did not get a migraine when I went for my haircut/visit.

Awesome.

I went to the pharmacy and on the drive I felt on coming on. Got to the overly bright pharmacy to wait for my refills and it came on strong. By the time I left there it was a full blown acute beast of a migraine.

Lesson of this story. Every time I leave the house with no migraine I literally have about three hours tops before I get one and it is usually acute. I'm not sure if it is the driving, the sunlight or what... but it is every freaking time.

It was bad enough that I took my triptan and this would be two days in a row which I avoid, due to the fact for me triptans begin to cause shortness of breath, heart irregularities and all that fun that increases when I use them in consecutive days, even if I do not go over the 3 Day Rule.

The triptan worked. But as usually it drained me and made me want to sleep, so i took a nap. I just had to. Those things should be marketed as sleeping pills. I always hated taking them at work because forcing yourself to stay awake after it was basically forcing yourself to work with a dumbified brain.

The pain sort of came back at night but not much. But I have such a pain at the base of my head. There is a spot right at the back about an inch before the neck mucles start going down that hurts like hell and has all day. It is very tender. Not like I can put a muscle rub there or anything is there? That spot is always sore, cause the whole area is tense and sore, just not this much.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…