Skip to main content

I'll just watch the pretty lights while everything spins and spins






I've been noticing a distinction between my visual snow and an obvious migraine aura lately. And this tells me... I'm getting an obvious migraine aura again. So I guess verapamil does help with my atypical migraine aura because Its Baaaack. Sometimes my migraine aura starts in my left eye in the corner, is blue black and pulses and then spreads across my vision. Sometimes it is a warp of white. Or pulsing. Or a warping field of pink, gold or blue. Or raining drops or blue or gold. I mean it can be creative and I still get them obviously just not as often and I get other ones that are not visual in the mix as well. But now it is this more obvious very think warping field of a multitude of negative colors... so blue and black in there, but others as well that is both sided, and is my entire upper field of vision. I mistook it for weird visual snow at first but this has been now the fourth time it has occurred right before the migraine and lasted for about an hour or more. So typical migraine aura. It should say something right there that my visual snow is that bad that I didn't realize that this intense warping light shifting over my upper vision was unusual. More unusual. I was just like 'huh that seems darker and moving more. Why is it warping in that specific pattern?' Then I would look at a plain wall and go 'oh... thats not normal.' And then not too long after... 'OMG i'm dying. I think my head is exploding. Someone call an ambulance. I think my neurons are literally exploding all at once.' Okay... not that dramatic, but yes, the migraines have been rather acute given I don't have much to treat them with. Nice to know I have an early warning system that is more predictable than 'I feel crappy' or 'my hands are sort of tingly'. But an early warning system only works if I can treat them... which I obviously only can three times a week with Maxalt which is becoming the bane of my existence right now.

Also I want to complain about vertigo for a moment because that is also getting worse. With the migraines certainly. Like I have a migraine while I am writing this... because I treated with Maxalt yesterday so today is unlucky sucky day. So every fifteen minutes my head spins inside. I mean it feels like I'm moving and my eyes get weird and then things sort of 'shift' like they are moving. This has been going on All Freaking Day. But this is better than the fact that I keep almost falling. And I have almost fallen in the shower three times now. I actually fell into a wall once... but the wall saved me (thank you soft, soft wall) and staggered almost fell from just standing way too frequently, and stumbled while walking. And I feel rather sick to my stomach. And thus my doctor has given me back my nausea pills. So to recap my neuro decreased my meds and this caused my doctor to increase them by giving me nausea meds to deal with the fact the vertigo makes me want to hurl. He also added back the ones that help with my stomach because if I have to take toradol shots in replace of painkillers I'll need something to deal with the stomach pain issues. Yeah, that makes sense, especially when you look at the side effects to that med... in-freaking-sane.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…