Skip to main content

Twinkle,twinkle little star...







Well, stop dreaming about me already because I've had some crappy sleep.

The migraines are having a field day because I can't treat them properly so my neck is beginning to hurt quite a bit and my back has been hurting for three days now. So migraine, neck pain and back pain... try getting comfortable and sleeping. Just doesn't happen. And I am tired in a drugged up sort of way from upping my dose on Topamax. Anyway when I do get to sleep it is not for long. Because I'm freaking uncomfortable. So any position I choose wakes me up as being very painful. Then I toss and turn until I find another one and repeat all night long.

Around 6am this morning I got up to slather on more capciacian cream on my neck and back... that wasn't a good idea. Lack of sleep, but with a sleeping pill still in me made for one hell of a stumble around. With insane light blue trailers following after anything... either from the migraine or the lack of sleep or both... I do get those at other times. So I slather it on and stumble back to bed. Where took the entire quilt smooshed it into one big body pillow and crooked on leg up on it and that seemed to be the most comfortable position of the night.

But I did not get up at 10am, even though I was awake at 8 and 9 and 10. I just had no sleep and my head then was killing me. So I waiting until I did to calm the pain... do i didn't get out of bed till 12:30. See? totally screwing with trying to set up a sleep routine. All that time in bed and I still didn't get even close to eight hours.

I've been fighting a brutal migraine all day. And weird aura where things keep moving in my peripheral vision (maybe because I drove today?) and it is now 2:30 am and I'm in so much pain I can't sleep. 

Nucking futs.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…