Skip to main content

Visual snow insanity

I would really like to know what makes visual snow so very vivid on some days. In my case it has increased in intensity over the last few years. And I believe it must have something to do with the fact that the migraine associated vertigo also increased in intensity. Thus making my persistent migraine aura, visual snow and vertigo into this one ball of weird symptoms that are visual, but also motion sensative and Move. This new entity of madness.

So the visual snow is worse. It is very noticible now, whereas before it was just there. It was odd, and there, but not something that bothered me. It was like a background to all the other aura stuff going on. Now it is the crazy vibrant background that makes everything more twisted and pulsing and flickering, and shaky vision.

And today, like some days, it just gets insanely worse. It gets so thick it looks like it is this mass in the air before objects, which disorts them and makes me unable to see them, (normally visual snow looks like a flat field of static on an object really or right in front of it). If I looked at a black space in a closet between objects that black space was full of vs, it looked full of something almost tangible there was such a thickness to the visual snow. Against my dark curtians a thick mass of visual snow writhed in front of it, so much so that it was like I could reach out and touch it. Hell it was like I could see it in the air in front of me, like the air between me and the curtains we full of it. Being as the room was dim, it was easy to see it. I looked at a picture on the wall, an Adsel Adams print, and it too was grainy from the snow. I tried to ignore the snow to focus on the picture but I couldn't because my vision went darker and I kept getting afterimages of the pciture every time I moved my eyes.

Why the change? Is it because of the topamax increase? I would hate to think the topamax is making it worse. Long ago topamax did reduce some of my aura symptoms, so I would hate it having the opposite effect. Or is it because of the fact I have been so sick, from the topamax? My super low blood pressure and low heart rate... do those affect visual snow?

Another thing I noticed is this extreme change when going from light to dark and dark to light. The first was dark to light. As in dark house to light bathroom... turn on the light and I was blinded for seconds in my whole visual field by whitewash and then yellow as it creeped back in. Then yesterday I went outside very breifly without my sunglasses to talk to my bf on a bright sparkly day when back into my nice dark house and again was blinded but this time my vision flickered and blicked rapidly with a different color (now I forget what the hell it was, I might have to repeat it as an experiement like I did the other one!). It is like the eyes are shocked by the light change... like extreme photosensivity on hyperdrive or something. And I never noticed this since I wear my sunglasses all the time. Just another sign this stuff is getting worse, not better.

It is weird but nothing to do but power on and see what happens.
4 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…