Skip to main content

Day 22: Day to day WEGO 30 posts in 30 days

Write about something ordinary that’s inspiring to you, something simple, perhaps overlooked, that fuels your activism.
 
Nature inspires me. Walks at night in the silence when no one is around. Walks by the lake, with just the breeze and the water. Going into the mountains and seeing how absolutely majestic it is with the mountains above and the thick forest around me. These things move my spirit and remind me that I am alive. That in that moment I can just Be. Beyond pain, and stress and obligations and social constraints and stigma. I can take in a deep breath and just relax. Know that there is more to this existence than just this illness. And it gives me the strength to carry on. All the Noise sometimes hinders things, but silence and nature soothes me. It fuels my soul and so it fuels my activism because you can't motivate yourself if you are bogged down by negativity let alone motivate others. Sometimes I think we all need to get away from everything and find someplace beautiful to just Be for a while.





Write about the things you couldn’t live without list 10 things you need or love most.
 
1. My common law spouse.
 
2. My three tubby furball cats. Frank, Bobby and Charlie.
 
3. Books. Many, many books. My primary source of entertainment.
 
4. My family.
 
5. The Internet for entertainment, research and connection with others

6. My computer or laptop for writing.

7. Sleep... that most elusive creature.

8. Music to sooth the soul and raise the spirits and make me boogie.

9. Medication of course. That necessary evil

10. And all the little things like ice bags and muscle creams and migraine balms.
 
 
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…