Skip to main content

Day 27: Titles- if I were to name some book titles this would be them: WEGO 30 posts in 30 days

If you wrote a book about your life, your community, your condition, or your Health Activism
what would you title it? Come up with 5 working titles.

Titles for fibromyalgia and migraines
1- Brain on Fire: when migraines and fibromyalgia merge
2- I see Sparkles: The persistent migraine aura
3- Brain of Pain: Fibromyalgia and a brain designed for pain
4- Dualism: Me and That Damned Body
5- Misfiring Brain: chronic migraines, persistent migraine auras and migraine associated vertigo working together to distort your reality.


And here are some migraine books on my reading list recommended by Diana Lee


Chocolate & Vicodin: My Quest for Relief from the Headache that Wouldn’t Go Away

http://www.amazon.com/Chocolate-Vicodin-Relief-Headache-Wouldnt/dp/B005EP2AMC

All in My Head: An Epic Quest to Cure an Unrelenting, Totally Unreasonable, and Only Slightly Enlightening Headache

http://www.amazon.com/All-Head-Unrelenting-Unreasonable-Enlightening/dp/0738210390

The Migraine Brain: Your Breakthrough Guide to Fewer Headaches, Better Health

http://www.amazon.com/The-Migraine-Brain-Breakthrough-Headaches/dp/B002DMJULS

The Woman’s Migraine Toolkit: Managing Your Headaches from Puberty to Menopause (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Womans-Migraine-Toolkit-Headaches/dp/0982321929 by Dawn A. Marcus M.D

Living Well with Migraine Disease and Headaches: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Tell You…That You Need to Know

http://www.amazon.com/Living-Well-Migraine-Disease-Headaches/dp/0060766859 by Teri Robert

And I would recommened for migraine awareness:
Migraine Expressions. The artwork is vivid and sometimes even tormented. There is something about artwork that can just tell a story so well. The poetry is full of imagery and compositions that really show a connection. I absolutely love some of them. The essays, so far are very interesting. One has the perspective of a woman living with a man who has chronic migraines, which was very revealing to me... as she had described is a pain she cannot reach, cannot sympathize and must let him handle it... and that he forgets conversations, his personality is muted and he is an absence of what he was. And of course my essay "To all those with Migraines: I too share your brain cramps", on pages 28-30. It is good for a giggle trust me. Anyway, this does bridge that gap of personal experiences and the subjectivity of pain. I saw myself reflected so many times. I like that, that others know my experience, have lived it and are surviving it.




http://www.amazon.com/Migraine-Expressions-Creative-Journey-Through/dp/0615201970/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367134866&sr=8-1&keywords=migraine+expressions 
-Betsy Blondin Editor

I'm sorry to say I don't have any other recommendations. It is been too long since I have read any books on migraines and FM... since I was diagnosed in fact. Since I realized they said the same things or worse contrary things. I would like to read some on actual research and facts though and will look into others recommendations.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…