Skip to main content

My brain hates the sun... has to be a new persistent migraine aura

Every single time I go outside into that bright distorting sunlight I have been experiencing the same phenomena. Now, I must say that brightness is not my friend. Neither is dimness... dimness makes the visual snow much more vivid and thick. Brightness is more distorting. So the air pulses more and lines wobble and shift more. It is damned hard to focus on anything really. And within moments of being outside I get a vivid and bright aura in the center of my vision. It is roughly circular and much like most auras it does that usual rotational motion of color and distortion like a moving colorful bruise, but this one is in the core of my vision and rotates in a circle. Unlike a scintillating scotoma it isn't scintillating really... not multicolored sparkles of light. Just translucent negative bruises of blue and black and indigo light and distorting clearness.

Now I have seen the damned thing in a bright room inside but to a milder degree so maybe not sunlight induced. But it certainly becomes vivid in the sunlight and lasts longer. Or is triggered by it.

And this aura is New. It was not There a few months ago. And it is not an aura that comes before a migraine. I wish I had a nice visual migraine aura again. No, this is a New persistent migraine aura. Like I need another one of those. This is getting crazy.

I was just thinking today when I was outside trying to focus on the house across the street as the lines kept warping and my visual field would flicker and the whole damned area was pulsing that this was just too much distortions. I can't see properly. When I try to focus on one thing my eyes get worse and contort things. It isn't good at all. And that is just the baseline aura phenomena not counting this new thing that happens or all the other add ons that can happen. Or how bad the visual snow can get, which is pretty damn bad right now because I slept so little last night.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

Getting through the high intensity pain flares #Blogboost

The crowded me out of the brain. Making no room for anything else. Distraction was impossible. You feel almost frantic with the pain but must be still.

What do you do? To get through it when you have no distraction?

I ask me this as I am really in the depths of a 9 level frantic level of pain right now. Hoping maybe some writing will be a distraction, but it isn't. As I said, the pain crowds the brain. I have to focus real hard to write and my head isn't clear. Too much pain to focus well. Things become quite difficult to do. 

I will say this: We cannot function. We have to just cope with the pain.

But we are Immersed in the pain, we what do we do?
We can and should rest and get through it the best we can. Here are some of the things I do to get through it.

Relaxation breathing: I can't meditate when in high levels of pain. It just makes me think about how much pain I am in. Just not a good idea. But I do do relaxation breathing. I close my eyes. I focus on my breathing. I even…