Skip to main content

The Fibro Flare smacked into me


Ever had one of those days where you wake up and you're just like 'what the hell happened while I was sleeping? Did I take a tour of the underworld and get beaten by a cohort of rampaging demons?'

That is what I felt like when I woke up yesterday and continue to feel like because the pain level was so high I could not sleep. So I did not sleep. At all. I did work in a nap eventually in the afternoon. I managed that because the migraine that really kicked in from that not sleeping idea forced me to take a triptan and those, rather fortunately in this case, cause insane drowsiness plus the fact I was really tired on top got me a couple hours of sleep.

It was what I like to call a massive tendon and ligament malfunction or otherwise known as a fibro flare. Like every damn tendon and ligament and muscle has been over-worked so insanely they all hurt like burning hell to move. It was really bad from the waist down. And moderate from the waist up. And... completely uncalled for. Not like I did anything that would have ignited a flare. I know the weather turned cold today... so maybe that? Or random turn of fate I guess. They are so damn unpredictable.

So immediately I think maybe I should 'stretch' out that pain a bit in my legs. I do some stretches, a few yoga moves... that sort of thing. One... very painful. Two... now weak in the legs. Three... now the tingling in my feet hurts too. So that was a bad idea.

I really desired a nice hot bath to submerged all the pain into. But I knew I had to resist that idea. Hot baths drop my low blood pressure into some low range that makes me dizzy, weak and horrible feeling for hours. Not worth it really.





At least the migraine is mostly under control. And after I rubbed menthol cream on me pretty much everywhere, twice, I seem to be able to move my legs a bit more. So that is something. Maybe if I sleep the flare will be done. One can hope because I am forcing myself to do my easy yoga tomorrow no matter what.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…