Skip to main content

I have been getting quite the workout the last couple of days.

I have been getting quite the workout the last couple of days. I'm moving my library downstairs to an empty room we have. My brother used to live here and that was his room but now that he doesn't we figure it will make a fine library. Also opens up the office space. So all four large bookshelves of fiction are going down there. Non-fiction stays upstairs. And it has been a real hassle to move all these books. My spouse moved the bookshelves by himself and some boxes of books I loaded up. However I began before we had the boxes by loading up a new bookshelf he built down there by trucking books down by the armful. And as I began to organize it I have been doing that since then so there have been less boxes to load up.

(X)


This is how I feel about now. Up and down. Up and down. By today feel like stairs are not my friend and getting nowhere fast. The first day my legs were killing me from just the extra effort. Now they are just that weak feeling I get when I go up too many stairs. Like I get when i do anything with any muscle group to be honest.

Yet I feel like, hey, it is exercise. And it will be great when it is done. But you know what happens when you move bookshelves that have been there for five years in a room that we used for smoking? An outline of a shelf is what is there and that means cleaning it. So more exercise. Washing walls is a lot of effort. And also vacuuming. I swear I have a small cat under those things. We got a new vacuum though, as I broke the last one, and it is lighter so that is a small blessing indeed.

Spring cleaning and it isn't even spring.

This venture is on day three now by the way. One shelf to go! Things have to be done a little slower with a chronic illness. Have to pace yourself. And still feel it in unpleasant ways.

I must say I have a lot of damn books. I suppose I am fortunate I don't keep everything I read and I now also have a Kindle or this would be far worse. However, there is more space down in that room... so room to grow! Which means more book hoarding. Hmmmm.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…