Skip to main content

Msssive fibro flare time


I have a cold. I just got over a cold not that long ago, but there you go. And I take lots of vitamin C and E. But I have a crappy immune system. I get sick less often from not working given I seemed to catch everything people had in the office or a customer brought on by and now I just catch what my spouse brings on home or something from a doctors office.

Sinus colds are not at all pleasant when you have chronic migraines. Aside from the burning throat, cough, sinus congestion and fever you have this horrific off the charts headache that is both a migraine and a sinus headache merged into this massive beast of pain. Therefore coughing is a huge mistake. It is agony to cough... the pain just ricochets through your brain. Or you can lightly cough and it just feels like being smashed in the forehead.

So that is not pleasant in the least.

What is entirely uncalled for is that this seems to have triggers just a massive fibro flare. FM can be aggravated by being ill for sure. Always is. And we seem to be ill longer as well. Harder to fight things off. But I am in some serious flaring pain from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head. Such that it is hard to move properly due to the intensity of it in my feet, knees, hips and back. I woke up from the pain of it this morning and could not get back to sleep. Just too much. I have been moving infinitely slowly all day and not able to do a damn thing either.

Some of the pain is pure nerve pain. I have some serious skin allodynia pain. Which is that painful, burnt, raw sensation on the skin where the lightest of touches and clothes are painful against the skin. And I have that going on the hand with nerve damage, up that arm, the other arm at the elbow alone, all up my back from the bottom to the middle and some other random patches. It is horribly painful. Especially my back... with clothes or leaning against anything. So damn painful. I have no idea how this type of pain could be triggered from a cold to be honest but it is seriously far beyond the discomfort of the cold itself. Way, way too painful. I have tried I few creams to sooth it and none of them have worked. I think I will try the Capsaicin next.

So between the headache portion of this thing and the all over body beating I am not feeling well at all. I guess that is what happens when a cold and FM butt heads. Complete knock out punch. Hopefully some good rest will ease the extra pain factor.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…