Skip to main content

I need a #migrain #kicker tonight

I have had a migraine since yesterday that has been acute all of today. Because when I went to bed with that nasty migraine not only did I have the pain to deal with I got vertigo lying down.

Falling
not
falling
not

You get the point. On a rollercoaster ride I could not get off. It began to make me feel rather ill actually. More than rather. I needed to get up. Staggered about for a bit. Tried sleeping again. Same thing. So I got up and did some writing on the computer for a few hours. Eventually took a short hour nap on the couch.

A nap is not enough to kill a migraine like this. Sleep deprivation means migraine all day. Brutal migraine all day. Of course my tripan did nothing at that point.

However I had an appointment in the city. So the long drive did kick in the vertigo more and more nausea. So there was that. Now there vertigo is here to stay.

Still have the pain. And massively bad neck pain, jaw pain and facial pain as well.

So how does on get to sleep like this? With a migraine kicker that is how. My sleeping pill fails at a migraine that is a high 8 and a 9. Usually I don't do anything about it because I hope that eventually I will get to sleep sometime in the range of the dawn hours and get some sleep. If not then it is a real bad day. The next day I may take a kicker... something that works with a sleeping pill to give it a kick. Something like trazadone which is often given to help people sleep but never did anything for me, by itself, but with a sleeping pill works much better. I have something else I forget the name of that is off-label for sleep. It works well with the sleeping pill but I am an utter zombie the next day... but I sleep. And I do not wake up with the migraine. Which means kicking a potential status migraine in the butt. Usually. I don't take it all the time because I believe it would work less if I did and also I seriously cannot function the next day when I do, but it serves its purpose for breaking a migraine caused by sleep deprivation.

I have nothing else I can try but to sleep and hope I shake the migraine. I already tried a triptan and I cannot take another. I took painkillers yesterday so cannot take them today, and one painkiller will not cut it for this level of pain.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…