Skip to main content

The hermit is going to do a thing!

My birthday is coming up and so my mom bought tickets to Mama Mia to go to! However, she will not be able to come with me. She is currently under going chemotherapy and is right now starting her second batch of the stuff... it is not treating her well. I was hoping she would miss some of the more unpleasant side effects they sited but it does not seem so. I am hoping it will get better as it goes along. It is the sort of hell you have to take a day at a time until you get through it. Anyway, right now she is experiencing some nasty nerve pain. I have her the stuff I use for that but I am not sure it will help, but if it does, even a little, then that is something.

So I had to find someone to go with which was tricky given I am such a hermit but I know the friend I play card with every couple of weeks liked the movie so I asked her. And we are good to go. She is even willing to drive, even better since I don't drive these days.

I am pretty excited about seeing it. I have not gone to a concert or play in over a decade. They are not exactly... migraine friendly. So actually the last one was when I was around 19 and was Bon Jovi I believe. So, a damn long time ago. Just the way it is. Too much noise and lights. However when I see ads for musicals I yearn to go. The past only one I have seen was Phantom of the Opera when I was I think 18 and I loved it so much. I love the soundtrack to Mama Mia and loved the movie so I think it will be a blast. A pretty awesome birthday present really. Sucks I cannot spend the time with my mom but I understand how really sucky illness can be sometimes. In this case, the treatment of the illness. I just hope that she is feeling a little bit better soon. And will have to call her and give her the details on how the show was.

I can't predict the migraine situation but it is earlier in the day, which makes it less likely I will start out with one. If it were in the evening I would more than likely already have a migraine and less likely to want to actually go to the effort of going, since then I would just aggravate it. I will, of course, go prepared. I will make sure I get a really good nights sleep. I will bring my migraine triptan with me when I go. And also painkillers just in case.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…