Skip to main content

#MHAM #MHAMBC day 11 dream a little dream

day 11 “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.” Langston Hughes - 


This is a favorite quote of mine. We all have dreams that we hold onto. When it comes to chronic migraines and chronic illness our dreams may reflect our desire to be free of those shackles. We may visualize what life may be like if it returned to some semblance of what we knew before. Dreams are after all reflections of our hopes. Some hopes that can be achieved and some that perhaps might be only something we strive for.

If we have no dreams at all for a better life, for a different life, for change, for any change at all... then nothing will change, things will remain stagnant and we will never know what could have been achieved.

Not every dream we have after all is impossible because of chronic pain and chronic illness. I remind myself that I achieved my Bachelors and my Masters with fibromyalgia and migraines, with chronic migraines for the most part. That was a dream that was very important to me and one that was clearly achievable with some refinement to my skillset, some moderation to my activities and a hell of a lot of determination.

One thing about chronic illness and achieving dreams is that we often have to change how we go about achieving our goals. Things often have to be considered in unique ways. Sometimes dreams take a little more time as well. However, we can still have dreams and still achieve them.


The act of dreaming itself has power. So have dreams. They are good, healthy things to have. They give us things to strive for. To live for. To dream for. I dream of winning the lottery. *cross my fingers*. You never know!


Twitter: nikki_Albert
 Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrainlessBlogger
 blog: http://brainlessblogger.blogspot.ca
 Tumblr: http://hermitbrainlessblogger.tumblr.com


Day #1 post “What would you do if your dream of a totally pain- and symptom-free life, came true?”
Day #2 post "Bed of Clouds poem to ponder"
Day #3 post "Recurrent dreams"
Day #4 post  "Still I Rise"
Day #5 post "Monsters"
Day #6 post "Ways to raise awareness."
Day #7 post "What I do for Awareness"
Day #8 post "Do not forget to live"
Day #9 post "What fear can teach us."
Day #10 post  "Twilight is the best light."






Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…