Skip to main content

#MHAM #MHAMBC Day 15 #migraine Only human


Day 15 for June migraine awareness month alternate topic: 'Human' what does the dance, the commentary, the song or the story inspire you to say?



It is a pretty powerful song especially when you thing of chronic migraines and all the things we try to do with chronic migraines. We are only human and really there is so much pain a person has the capacity to function through... and to expect someone to do that all the time? Is nuts. Just freaking nuts. I think people forget we are only human. We are not superhuman, even though we develop a massive pain tolerance, hide the pain very well and try to push through it all the time. It all takes a toll.
I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part
If that's what you ask
Give you all I am

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human

I can turn it on
Be a good machine
I can hold the weight of worlds
If that's what you need
Be your everything

I can do it
I can do it
I'll get through it

Think about the first few lines I highlighted from the lyrics here. I can fake a smile. I can force a laugh. We do that all the time. We develop a facade and we use that all the time to get through work because it is how a person functions in the workplace. To hide the pain from loved ones, so they do not worry as much. 'Be a good machine' ... it feels like sometimes this is precisely what society wants of us despite our pain, as horrific as that is. As long as we silently suffer, then it is all good and no one has to care or do anything about it. 

But the fact is, we are only human. Pain is a heavy burden. It is a wound that never heals and never bleeds, and is never seen for what it is or the damage that it can do. Doctors don't even seem to comprehend the damage pain alone can do. I certainly know. And I have broken from it. I have fallen from it. I have felt the stigma of others like knives in the chest from it. And I do not ever get a break from it. It is a constant battle that I cannot escape. Everyone else gets down time from their stress, with chronic pain there just is no down time. It shadows you no matter what you are doing. We get through it. We do. And damn we are strong people I think to fight this battle. But we are human people. We struggle with it. Not every day is a good day. Some days are just mentally and emotionally difficult. We get tired of it all. But then we do it all again the next day. 

Twitter: nikki_Albert
 Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrainlessBlogger
 blog: http://brainlessblogger.blogspot.ca
 Tumblr: http://hermitbrainlessblogger.tumblr.com


Day #1 post “What would you do if your dream of a totally pain- and symptom-free life, came true?”
Day #2 post "Bed of Clouds poem to ponder"
Day #3 post "Recurrent dreams"
Day #4 post  "Still I Rise"
Day #5 post "Monsters"
Day #6 post "Ways to raise awareness."
Day #7 post "What I do for Awareness"
Day #8 post "Do not forget to live"
Day #9 post "What fear can teach us."
Day #10 post  "Twilight is the best light."
Day #11 post "dream a little dream"
Day #12 post "Who moved my cheese"
Day #13 post "Faces of Migraine"
Day 14 post "Mulan"



Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…