Skip to main content

#MHAM #MHAMBC Day 7 #Migraine What I do for Awareness

Many Migraine and Headache patients dream of changing how the world views their diagnosis. What have you done to help create change in how the world around you views Headache and/or Migraine disease? Add what you would do if you could. 

Currently I have my blog here that I blog for awareness about migraines, FM and chronic pain.

I have my Facebook Page that is called Making Invisible Disabilities Visible where I talk about migraines a great deal, share research, images and is also linked to my blog and twitter. But I also talk about other indivisible disabilities.

I help admin a support group on Facebook called Migraineur Misfits and an open Facebook Page called the same. Twice a month I, and a co-host, run a chat on Facebook as well through the Migraineur Misfits.

For both of the pages I create a lot of awareness images to promote awareness.

If I could I would likely write More often.  I love researching for different topics, looking at new research, thinking at new ideas for awareness and what I do right now. Reaching more people and helping them not feel so isolated from this disease and helping pass along new information is a great goal to aim for. My audience through both sites is fairly moderate but we try to send as much awareness we can with the tools we have. If I could do more I certainly would.

I also make sure when people called my migraines 'headaches' I correct them and say they are migraines. I also try to explain to people who ask that this is a neurological disease with many symptoms outside of the pain, although, yet the pain is brutal. It is not 'just a headache'. Actually I am more than willing to discuss the aspects of migraines so people understand the struggle we go through.



Twitter: nikki_Albert
 Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrainlessBlogger
 blog: http://brainlessblogger.blogspot.ca
 Tumblr: http://hermitbrainlessblogger.tumblr.com


Day #1 post “What would you do if your dream of a totally pain- and symptom-free life, came true?”
Day #2 post "Bed of Clouds poem to ponder"
Day #3 post "Recurrent dreams"
Day #4 post  "Still I Rise"
Day #5 post "Monsters"
Day #6 post "Ways to raise awareness"


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…