Skip to main content

#MHAM #MHMBC Mayny faces of #migraine video




Day 13 post: Tell us what it makes you feel. What was your favorite part? How can it be shared with others who need to see it, and why is sharing videos with those who don't have migraines or headaches so important?

This is a great video for migraine awareness with a great way of showing the impact of migraines. With impact related questions and real people who have been affected. It is great to show to those without migraines because it states some simple migraine related facts. Plainly. Up front. Concisely. But then it also goes into the impact questions with living breathing examples that really hits home. It makes it a really powerful video for those of us who have the disease certainly and I hope it makes the same sort of impact on those without it. I know when it first came out I shared the hell out of it and not just on my health related sites... on my personal ones as well. It is something that needs to be seen.

What always hits me right in the chest is the beginning when you realize that young man died as a result of migraines. It makes me tear up every time. And then later it shows the people who have attempted suicide or have died due to suicide. I would be counted in those numbers. It always hits me really hard when I think about the lives lost due to suicide because of chronic pain, when I think it is something that could be helped with. I know I had been pretty angry at one time when I was still recovering myself because it seemed like my suicide attempt was treated like it was almost expected and certainly nothing to be overly concerned over. All that pain you know... sort of expect that sort of thing. It infuriated me that it seemed lack of treatment was fine and the casualties in that... were also fine. That people die simply because lack of treatment seems like a fine idea. It really infuriates me that any lives are lost this way. And saddens me. And frustrates me. Maybe that is not the case at all with doctors. Maybe they simply lack the knowledge to treat pain. That might also be the case. Yet, that does not help us either and if that were so then we should be referred to those who can help us instead of just leaving us to struggle on our own. Either way, for anyone to see this as 'just headaches' or even 'just migraines' diminishes the problem. Because when you are on the more extreme end of the spectrum it is a disability and it is chronic pain and it does affect a vast amount of your life. It is Impact-ful. Just full of impact.

Twitter: nikki_Albert
 Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrainlessBlogger
 blog: http://brainlessblogger.blogspot.ca
 Tumblr: http://hermitbrainlessblogger.tumblr.com


Day #1 post “What would you do if your dream of a totally pain- and symptom-free life, came true?”
Day #2 post "Bed of Clouds poem to ponder"
Day #3 post "Recurrent dreams"
Day #4 post  "Still I Rise"
Day #5 post "Monsters"
Day #6 post "Ways to raise awareness."
Day #7 post "What I do for Awareness"
Day #8 post "Do not forget to live"
Day #9 post "What fear can teach us."
Day #10 post  "Twilight is the best light."
Day #11 post "dream a little dream"
Day #12 post "Who moved my cheese"



Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…