Can you see? Poem

I don't think I will be sharing any poetry and images with my poetry on my Facebook page in the near future, so this was the last image I had made. It was just that recently someone had taken the words I had used and put them on their own image, which happens. But then I thought what if they did that with a poem I had created and claimed that as their own? The thought makes me feel icky inside. Took a lot of courage to share any of my poetry publicly to be honest. I have a low self-esteem when it comes to my writing and sort of generally do not share it. So the thought disturbed me, but it is the internet and no way to prevent that sort of thing. I think therefore if I create something I want to share I might just reserve it for my blog as I feel it is a bit safer here.

Can you see?

Can you see me?
All of me?
Screaming in there?
Hidden in there?
All of me?
Smiling for you?
Dancing for you?
Can you see me?
Struggling inside?
Dying inside?

Can you see me?
All of me?



 I worked up the image on this one as well. I needed a silhouette or shadow image and could not find a free to use one that worked out right. Easy enough to make one though. In this case, using my own profile.

The poem itself was is a piece I wrote specifically for the Migraine Misfits Facebook page. I got inspiration from the first few lines and it formed from there. It is meant to be a reflection of the pain of invisible disabilities. I don't think this is my best piece really but it does work for the purpose it was intended for sure.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...