#Neck pain and #migraine

A 2010 study of 113 patients found that neck pain occurred with the migraine attacks more often than nausea, even though nausea is closely associated with migraines.
An informal survey of 144 people with migraines found that 75 percent said they had neck pain with their migraines, which is the same percentage that experienced sensitivity to light, sensitivity to sound and nausea. In this poll, neck pain was named three times as often as migraine aura and vomiting.
Type of neck pain in survey:
  • 69% felt tightness
  • 17% experienced stiffness
  • 60% said the neck pain came first Migraine.com

Neck pain is a migraine symptom. Not something that is cause from muscle stiffness, which can also occur. Sort of a two for one deal there. I have been seeing someone for physio on my neck to help with the migraines and it is frustrating. At times I can do the exercises fine, but right before and during the migraine my neck hurts like hell and I cannot. So that is a good portion of the day my neck hurts like hell. I was hoping the exercises would help with the muscle tension, strengthen the muscles and lessen the pain I am getting and maybe it will. But the pain that comes with the migraine, will still be there.

All day today it felt like I had strained it in some way. But that is just the way it feels. Lots of pain in the sides and a extensive amount in the back. Makes it hard to sleep.

A very undervalued symptom if you ask me. To me it is like all the pain we feel with a migraine... it Adds up. Neck pain, migraine itself, jaw pain, teeth pain, sinus pain, temple pain, skin pain, eye pain.... lots of pain in the Entire head area.


Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...