The Mask #Poem

Mask

This mask I wear
is a burden I bear

The pain is leaden;
dragging me to the ground
I smile through it;
don’t make a sound

This mask I wear
is my despair

You demand my silence;
With the guilt and shame.
I made the mask for you;
For you I play this game.

This mask is me;
All you can see

This is a poem I wrote about the mask I wore to get through work every day. A facade I used to mask the pain I was in from customers and co-workers and to get the job done. At the same time I faced a lot of stigma there and I wore a that mask to hide the suffering I was enduring because they were incapable of compromise but loved to play the 'you should feel guilty for being ill' game.  
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...