At physio and that #exercise thing again

Today was my second day at the Lifemark clinic, which is the physic clinic the insurance company sent me to for routine exercise. They did a great job the first day in review my problem areas which there are a few. Fibromyaliga leads to a lot of all over pain. Hypermobility on the other hand leads to very specific, painful joint pain in the ankles and knees... sometimes hips when I walk long distances as well.  Basically, you have three joints, all moving the way they please, and it makes things quite out of whack. The knees for example, the joint ball does not move at the angle it should because of the way my hips and knees move... thus causing a lot of pain. My feet, well, I have flexible flat feet and am very flexible in the foot, which apparently is causing my ankle to slack off and causing pain and stiffness in there. So leads to problems. Other issues are caused by the migraines, such as the constant neck pain. A lot of it then is developing all the right physio work to help with all these problem areas.

The other component is exercise. Which is was doing but apparently that is not good enough for my insurance company. Whatever.



I have found exercise really makes the migraines more Intense. I will get a migraine regardless. Get a migraine every day. It will come either way. But when I exercise it will be one Intense bugger of a migraine.


One thing I have noticed about overall pain and exercise is this: when I begin exercise on the stationary bike for example there will be instant muscle fatigue. My muscle just ache for me to stop. Then when I continue there will be a pretty intense level of pain increasing and increasing. Really makes you think you Should stop. Really hurts right in the knees and ankles. Extremely unpleasant sensation.


However, if you continue, methodically and at a consistent pace keep at it... at around the 10 minute mark the pain will drop. It will still be noticeable, and not pleasant, but not screaming painful. Just a real constant pain. And that I can maintain. And continue for another good 10 minutes before the pain comes back at a high intensity and just does not quit. At that point I am done. Have not gotten past that yet. I am sure the physio will help with that assuming they can get my knee pain down. Anyway, then I get off the bike and my legs feel like limp noodles. And from the waist down I have a tingling sensation down to my feet. Which I have no explanation for, but is the same sensation I have been getting sporadically anyway just more intense after exercise.


Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...