Skip to main content

My bad days and your bad days.


I realized immediately when I sat down at this pain clinic class that some of these people were like me, some were not as bad.... but one was definitely worse. She would love to have my bad days. I would not want her good days.

It is good to know, once in a while, that what your pain is an ordeal, that it is difficult to cope with and manage... there are people out there struggling with a pain condition worse than yours. Many of them. I like to think they will win that struggle and get some balance of life in there. And that if they can... I can too.

 I just know her battle is a difficult one. I makes me believe maybe mine is not quite as insurmountable.

And she had a fighting spirit to her. I like her chances. I wish I had that fighting spirit. But I don't. I have a practical spirit. Get it done spirit. Just do it. But there is no fire in my gut.

But there are indeed in this world people who would love to have my bad days. It makes me feel like even though I know those bad days suck balls... maybe I can succeed in winning some sort of life back.

Worst cases than me have fought this fight and done just that. Inch by inch they work the program and inch by inch achieve their goal. And their life expands a little on the way. And that is the aim... quality of life.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…