Creature of #habit #HAWMC

What good habits, (health or otherwise,) do you have? Do you have a routine that you follow every morning? Are there any bad habits you wish you could break? 

There are a couple of specific good habits I have that are good for my overall health.

Exercise: While I only do about 20 minutes a day it did take me considerable time and effort to work up to that. Exercise is something that is recommended for pretty much every chronic pain condition. For me it was suggested for chronic migraines and they also figured it would help with the fibromyalgia as well. Specifically aerobic exercise. Prior to doing that I was walking and doing yoga, which frankly, I see as perfectly fine as well. There are a lot of suggested benefits from mood, to helping with sleep to the endorphins released to help with pain. I actually don't see much benefit to it to be honest, but I know overall it is better to exercise than to not. And I know lack of activity can make pain worse.

Meditation: I do mindful meditation about twice a day. Ranging from 15 min to 20 min at a time. Again I know there are a great deal of suggesting benefits overall but I do it for chronic pain. It has in fact helped with lowering my migraine intensity. That is a benefit I will keep on doing it for. I also know stress can impact chronic pain so I think there is a lot of value in de-stressing.

Now, we all have our bad habits and I could probably make a good list of them as well. However, if there was one I were to pick that I would like to stop that would impact my health for the better long term it would be smoking.



Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...