Skip to main content

Product review #HAWMC

What’s your favorite health-related product? Share it with your community and tell them why you love it so much and how it has helped you on your patient journey. 

I suppose if I were to recommend one product it would be this new one I am using as a migraine balm. It is an oil and you only use a few drops. It can be used for many different things and even added to bath water. 

I have used different sorts of migraine balms. Some with menthol and some with eucalyptus, lavender and things of that nature. I prefer the stronger ones. That sort of strong tangible menthol touch. Some are goopy and make your face sticky... which I rather do not like. Some are more soothing, lotions but just do not seem strong enough. I find the oils rub in just right, with no residue and are stronger. 
The product I have been using is Hagina Japanese mint oil. I use it on my forehead, temples and along my upper jaw area. So soothing. Along with ice on the back of the neck... feels so nice.

Use:

Not recommended for full body massage.

Heating & Penetrating effects for Spot Treatment in massage, helps promote blood circulation, chest rub for chest and head colds, relieves tight muscles, cramps. Also, helps relieve rheumatic pain, helps treat sprains, swellings, dislocations, sport injuries, headaches.

A few drops massaged into a specific area:

  • Helps promote circulation.
  • Relieves tight muscles and muscle cramps.
  • Useful for injury rehab when treating sprains, strains, swelling and dislocations.
  • Headache relief when massaged on to the temples and the back of the neck.
  • Rub on the chest for head and chest cold relief.
  • Sinus congestion relief add a few drops into a basin of hot water, inhale while keeping eyes closed.




Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…