Skip to main content

Things remembered #HAWMC

What is an item you have kept with you that reminds you of an important time in your life? Whether it was a good day, a stressful time, or a happy moment… why does this item remind you of that period of your life? 

Oddly enough I have a real hard time answering this question. I am just not that sentimental I guess. I have a cluttered house but it is mostly books. And I have books I have hoarded since my teens, because I love them that much. I will read some books over and over and over.

However, there is one other thing that I hoard other than books. Writing. I weed through it once in a while but I collect a lot of things I have written in the past. A sort of mental imprint of that time frame. Essays I have written even. I consider them to be like memories to me. So this blog serves the same purpose. It is slices of time, memories, all stitched together of my writings. As such it reflects the good, the philosophical and the bad in my life. I can take a peek back in time, into a specific mental state, and remember exactly what I felt in that moment.

I like a blog for that purpose really. I am a very introspective person and there are times I do want to reflect on past states of existence, but to also remember exactly how I felt and why. In particular my darkest of times. I want to know how to build resilience. I want to know how to cope in similar circumstances. So it is good to remember what I went through and how I overcame it. Sometimes coping is knowing we have been to some dark places and came out the other side. I like keeping a record of that process intact for others and for myself.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…